EVENT SALES MANAGERBECOME PART OF A SUCCESSFUL COMPANY & EXTRAORDINARY CULTURE
*IMPORTANT TO APPLY*
Please do not apply through Linkedin or any other sites. Use the link below and apply thereby filling in all applicable information. You will be evaluated on your ability to follow directions. https://schedulinginstitute.com/careers/event-sales-manager/
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for planning and delivering on that plan to grow event revenue. The Event Sales Manager will work with the CEO and other Event leads to capture the vision and purpose of the event, to then develop a comprehensive sales plan for each event. They will coordinate with the different product and account owners in our company to develop a sales strategy to hit revenue goals at events and ensure that clients are delivered what they were promised for each event. They’ll help develop booth strategies, order forms, manage content and design development, client experience, speaker selection and contracts, etc. They will work CLOSELY with the Event Logistics Manager who’s responsible for delivering said experience at the events.
They will oversee and execute internal and external events with an emphasis on detail according to the vision for each event. They will manage many aspects of events and programs including but not limited to sales planning, coordinating with the marketing lead, attendee communications, internal team staffing & training, assist with run of show for each program, event speaker selections and contracts, creative problem-solving, and flawless execution day of the event. In addition to executing these events, they will drive the follow up sales plan after each event, coordinating sales team to finish out the plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and delivering sales plan in coordination with client/guest experience – bring the sales plan to life! EVENT SALES STRATEGY
- Develops, prioritizes, and implements strategic sales plans, including customer promotion programs, press events, trade show activities, and sales meetings
- Pre-, day-of, and post-event sales and delivery team coordination, training, and accountability
- Ensure pitches line up with content being presented
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles opportunity reports on attendees and proposes sales plans
- Prepare pitch and sales timelines and ensure adherence – confirming each team member is aware of their duties and delivering their pieces of the plan
- Vendor sourcing and negotiation when needed
- Help orchestrate client experience vision with Event Leads for optimal sales environment – this includes but is not limited to everything from gifting, floorplan and table layouts, venue details, meal selections, booth layouts, specific booth plans, name tag look, booth drivers, meeting schedules, etc.
- Ensures all materials that must arrive for the event are INPUT into the internal Event Sheet IN A TIMELY FASHION including gifts, printed materials, order forms, props, booth materials, office supplies, etc.
- Signs off on the set-up of event, stage, materials, booths, etc.
- Arranges pre-conference meetings and/or phone calls as needed with sales team, event leads, product owners, etc.
- Gives input on audio visual requirements
- Gives input on outside production requirements like photographers, videographers, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling and supervision of event personnel – internal or temporary outside labor, training and educating staff on proper event procedures and ensure staff is adequately prepared for the event
- Manages all frontstage staff to deliver event day of experience
- Assists in theme, demo, and exhibit space layout development for trade show/ booths
- Communicates relevant and time-sensitive issues to directors, managers, producers, and coordinators working within the organization – any key stakeholders
- Produces timely reporting
- Processes event expenses using proper accounting procedures
- Researchs and presents speaker options for events – then negotiate, contract, and coordinate chosen speakers
- Reviews all vendor contracts, speaker contracts, and all pricing – assist in effectively negotiating and when needed, secure in-kind donations
- Manages revenue and profitability associated with events and the venue
- Coordinates with the team on the registration process of attendees for the event
- Determines appropriates responses to problems and emergencies
- Provides project/event status updates
- Post-event – Analyzes the event’s success and prepares reports
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Work with Event Communication Manager to develop “stick” campaign for registered attendees
- Maintain and exceed sales targets and monthly goals as defined by company goals
- Track all data from events and use historical data to make projections for future events
- Keep “pretty” event calendar up to date and ensure team has access to calendar at all times
- Work with marketing and tech teams to ensure online event websites and membersite are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions, and promotions
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills, drive, determination, a self-disciplined approach to achieving results, and a passion for producing and managing events
- Solve problems and works independently in a multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Experience negotiating with vendors/suppliers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers, vendors, and executives while maintaining professionalism both via phone and email
- Proficient in time management
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Ability to communicate well through various channels such as email or telephone
- Ability to make informed decisions easily and decisively
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to act professionally with customers and resolve issues
- Ability to manage others, delegate responsibility and provide support
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Google searches
- General knowledge of basic audio, video, lighting, projection, and visual equipment through past work experiences
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s Degree in related program and a minimum of two-year corporate events sales and coordination or a minimum of five years corporate event planning and sales in an office environment
- Some experience with spatial planning software like Social Tables or All Seated
- Project Management experience a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently be in front of a computer screen, using a keyboard
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 30 pounds
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry; you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the venue
- Event Sales
- Event Show Rate
- Track statistics weekly and submitting Reports to CXO by Monday at noon for the prior week
Over 25 years ago, Jay Geier discovered the concept and new patient generation secret that became the Scheduling Institute. For more than 20 years, the Scheduling Institute has been teaching doctors and their staff worldwide a unique process for new patient generation and practice expansion that is truly amazing. It leads to extraordinary growth, higher income, and exceptional quality of life. The Scheduling Institute is a very successful business designed to help doctors turn their practice into a very successful and profitable business by leveraging an asset that already exists within the practice — staff.
The Scheduling Institute was the 3rd fastest growing company under $50 million in Georgia in 2014, and was just rated the 7th best company to work for in Georgia, as voted on by its own team! 2020 was the 11th year in a row that we have won Dentaltown’s Townie Choice Award for Best Practice Management Consultant and we were also the recipients of the same award from OrthoTown magazine for 6 years. We currently have over 120 team members, and are significantly investing in growing our talented team and marketing.
With a strong, positive leadership team, every team member has opportunities to grow and make an incredible impact within the growing company. Those individuals that show their dedication and passion are typically rewarded by the opportunity to move up quickly. Our team leaders are not micro managers, but strive to be mentors. We believe that people are responsible for their own success. It’s important that our employees take ownership in their role as a business within a business. A mistake is treated as a learning experience to grow from and a success will be rewarded.