University Academic Advisor
As our University Academic Advisor, this person’s primary responsibility is to facilitate enrollment of team members/students in The University. They will also be responsible for working with team members enrolled in the university to help them meet the requirements of each program and reach certifications when applicable. This includes helping doctors define the correct team members to enroll, recommending courses for team members to take and staying updated on course requirements. The advisor needs to have a thorough understanding of the various programs and courses. Team members will seek the help of advisors as they plan for their future. The Academic Advisor also helps students as they go through orientation, schedule themselves for their in-person courses, and decide what courses to take next.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep up with registration deadlines and help make sure team members register on time
- Assist students with any changes in their courses
- Attend events to meet with potential students
- Audits, monitors, and evaluates individual student academic progress
- Processes and provides progress reports for University Team
- Authorizes course withdrawals, adds, and drops as required
- Monitors course enrollment and make recommendations to appropriate staff regarding reserves, restrictions, availability, waitlisting, or closure based on program demand and course availability
- Provides recommendations for continuous improvement to all services for academic advising purposes and to integrate practices and technology aimed at improving student service
- Gathers, develops and promotes best practices for continuous improvement
- Review utilization with students and doctor
- Work some bootcamps, workshops, and events to facilitate relationships
- Collaborate with University Communication Manager to dictate messages that need to be sent to potential students, current program students, and alumni
- Record videos and develop content pieces to be sent to potential students, encouraging enrollment
- Work with University team in whatever capacity needed to ensure enrollees are using the program
- Continually monitor SIMS usage and give feedback for enhancement projects for the site
- Pull and analyze enrollee data as needed to make decisions about program
- Curating case studies on program enrollees to use as testimonials to sell future programs
- Help promote contests within the University
- Respond to client complaints about program and initiate changes to address
- Develops and maintains operating procedures that minimize the likelihood and impact of errors
- OVERALL…CHAMPION THE PROGRAM
HOURS AND LOCATION
Hours are typically 9:00am-5:00pm, M-F, but fluctuate based on event schedule, etc. Some weekends may be required for certain events, but rarely.
This position is based in Atlanta, spending about 75% of time at headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and 25% of time at Training Center next to Atlanta Airport.
KEY STATISTICS this person is responsible for
- University Utilization
- University Revenue
- $55,000-$65,000 base salary depending on experience
- $10,000-$15,000 bonus opportunity around Program Utilization and Revenue
Over 25 years ago, Jay Geier discovered the concept and new patient generation secret that became the Scheduling Institute. For more than 20 years, the Scheduling Institute has been teaching doctors and their staff worldwide a unique process for new patient generation and practice expansion that is truly amazing. It leads to extraordinary growth, higher income, and exceptional quality of life. The Scheduling Institute is a very successful business designed to help doctors turn their practice into a very successful and profitable business by leveraging an asset that already exists within the practice — staff.
The Scheduling Institute was the 3rd fastest growing company under $50 million in Georgia in 2014, and was just rated the 7th best company to work for in Georgia, as voted on by its own team! 2020 was the 11th year in a row that we have won Dentaltown’s Townie Choice Award for Best Practice Management Consultant and we were also the recipients of the same award from OrthoTown magazine for 6 years. We currently have over 120 team members, and are significantly investing in growing our talented team and marketing.
With a strong, positive leadership team, every team member has opportunities to grow and make an incredible impact within the growing company. Those individuals that show their dedication and passion are typically rewarded by the opportunity to move up quickly. Our team leaders are not micro managers, but strive to be mentors. We believe that people are responsible for their own success. It’s important that our employees take ownership in their role as a business within a business. A mistake is treated as a learning experience to grow from and a success will be rewarded.
Submit Your Information With the Form Below